Wednesday, December 16, 2015

How to Write the Affirmations



by Danny Murphy

Begin with a verse in whichever translation you prefer. I use the King James because it’s in the public domain and I won’t get sued for using it. I also like the majesty of the KJV. There’s something grand about it. As an example, here’s an affirmation that many Christians already use.

“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” Philippians 4:13

To personalize the verse, simply insert a blank line where “all things” appears. Then fill in the blank with whatever pertains to you. In this manner, you are defining one of the things you believe you can do or that you want to do with help from the Lord.

You can write “who gives me strength” instead of “who strengtheneth me.” On the other hand, if the situation you’re writing about calls for guidance, you might prefer to write “who gives me wisdom” instead of strength.

For example, suppose you received a job offer that would require you to move to another city and that would require your children to move from schools where they were very involved and doing well. It would be an important decision not only for you, but for your family. It would call for wisdom. You might write an affirmation like this: “I can figure out whether or not this opportunity would be the best thing for my family through Christ who gives me wisdom.”

You can adjust your affirmations to address your situations. They belong to you. For example, if you have an important meeting scheduled, you could write, “I can present effectively and answer the questions asked of me through Christ who gives me wisdom.”

The type of affirmations I’m suggesting are not magic. They won’t make up for a lack of preparation or the hard work that is required to achieve substantial goals. Whether it comes to finishing an important project or succeeding in some area of your business life, you will still have to do your part. For example, if your goal is to become a doctor, you’re going to have to go to medical school. Affirmations will help you to get through it, but they will not substitute for the study that is required.

During the writing of this book, I wrote many affirmations about the project. However, I still had to do the work of writing. I could have written a hundred affirmations per day about completing this project, but they wouldn’t have done any good if I hadn’t done any other writing. The affirmations helped to keep me moving forward. They didn’t substitute for doing the actual work.

Words of Destiny is available on Kindle from Amazon.  If you found this reading worthwhile, you'll probably like the book as well. It has examples of affirmations based on scripture. The ebook only costs $.99. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment